Letting - Landlords
The Walmsley Guide to Letting Your Property
Your property is a valuable asset and we understand that you will want to maximise the return on your investment by finding a reliable tenant who will pay the best price.
Step 1 – Accurate Rental Valuation
Our experienced valuers are well versed in the local rental market and will be delighted to provide you a free, no-obligation market appraisal of your property. By drawing on their extensive understanding of market trends they will be able to provide you with a realistic expectation of the rental you can expect to achieve, and what changes you might be advised to make to maximise your return, as well as legal and compliance regulations you might need to be aware of.
Step 2 – Presenting your Property
First impressions do count, so you want to make sure your property is presented to its very best advantage to secure a successful let. We will be happy to draw upon our trusted local tradespeople to tackle any last minute jobs you may want done prior to the commencement of marketing on your property, and when you’re ready, we will produce quality details to entice the viewers in.
Step 3 – Preparing your Property for Tenancy
We can organise an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to be carried out on your property, a legal pre-requisite for marketing. We can also arrange for your property to be professionally cleaned and prepare a comprehensive inventory for you, which will set out the condition and contents of your property.
Step 4 – The Most Suitable Service
Whatever your requirements, we are confident we can not only meet them, but exceed your expectations. Whether looking for a tenant introduction only service or full management, you can rest assured you are in safe hands.
Step 5 – Maximising your property’s exposure
We offer you everything you need to maximise the property’s exposure:
- Longer opening times – we can accompany viewings at times which work for viewers, increasing the footfall through the property
- Our experienced staff all live in the area, so can draw on their local knowledge to provide truly value-added viewings
- Chauffeured viewings – we can transport viewers to your property in one of our company cars
- Eye catching window displays in our prominently located offices
- Comprehensive on-line and press-based marketing
- Relocation companies – we maintain relationships with a number of relocation companies, covering a broad spectrum of potential corporate tenants.
Step 6 – Receiving An Offer
As soon as an offer is received we will contact you to discuss the tenants’ details, timescales and family set ups.
Step 7 – Offer Agreed
Whatever service you decide to use, once you have accepted an offer we will:
- Obtain a reservation deposit
- Collect references from the tenants and carry out credit checks
- Arrange signing of the Tenancy Agreement
- Collect the agreed moving in payment (rent + deposit)
If you wish, we can also arrange, at an extra charge where applicable:
- Check-in and inventory
- Gas Safety Inspection and Portable Appliance Test
- Professional cleaning of the property
We also register the deposit with the Deposit Protection Scheme, resulting in a faster and more efficient deposit release process at the end of the tenancy.
Step 8 – Completion
Upon completion, keys will be released to the inventory clerk or tenant on the agreed moving-in day.
Keen to know what rent we think you could achieve? Contact us now for a free, no-obligation market appraisal of your property 0118 947 0511.