Being a Walmsley tenant
We believe in looking after our tenants and providing them with a proactive service. We get to know you and develop many long-lasting relationships. In fact, several of our landlords originally started out as tenants of ours!
We want our tenants to enjoy the property and feel at home. If you are in one of our many managed properties, you will find we are right on the ball when it comes to property maintenance and accessibility. We inspect our properties through the year and discuss any maintenance issues with our landlords.
As a tenant you will be able to visit or telephone or office during working hours – this also includes Saturday.
We have a range of expert local tradesmen who can deal with maintenance issues promptly and efficiently on behalf of the landlord.
If we manage the property we will retain a set of keys and deal with any emergencies.
Since the introduction of the Tenant Fee Ban, the following is relevant when applying for a property with Walmsley.
- In order to reserve a property, irrespective of value of rent or size of property, you will be asked to pay the equivalent of one week’s rent. At the commencement of the tenancy, this will be considered as payment towards the ingoing funds required. However this reservation fund will be forfeited in the case of :
- you, or any guarantor(s), withdrawing from the tenancy
- you fail a Right-to-Rent check
- you provide materially significant false or misleading information
- you, or any guarantor (s) fail to sign the tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
The fund would be immediately refundable to you should the Landlord, or Agent, withdraw from the Tenancy for any reason not related to any action listed above.
- Ingoing Funds required include :
- Security Deposit for rents under £50,000 per annum – The equivalent of five weeks’ rent. Please note that this increases to six weeks where the rent is over £50,000 per annum.
- Rent in advance – you will be asked to pay rent in the future on the 1st of each month. Therefore, should your tenancy start at any other date (other than the 1st) a pro-rata amount will be calculated from the start date to the end of the month. An exception to this would be if you were to move on/after the 20th of a month in which case you would be asked to cover both the pro-rata amount and the next months’ rent in advance.
- NO ingoing fees are charged to Tenants.
- During the course of the tenancy the following fees could apply :
- Unpaid/late rent – interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
- Lost Key(s), parking access cards/bleepers, or other security device(s) – Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £25 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
- Variation of Contract – If requested by you, a fee of £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation will be levied to cover the costs associated with the preparation of new legal documents.
- Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request) – If requested by you, a fee of £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed change will be levied to cover the costs associated with the preparation of new legal documents.